Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue is an intensive three-day program offered in English or Spanish. This course provides tower climbers with the knowledge and skill to significantly reduce, if not eliminate the possibility of serious injury or death on the worksite. Climbing, positioning, descending and other maneuvers will be extensively covered, while maintaining a 100% connection.
Our class is based on modern rope-rescue principle and in compliance with regulations of the federal agency, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Some of the subjects to be studied are: hazard assessment, mandate safety meetings, Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), Personal Fall Arrest (PFA) and Personal Fall Restraint (PFR). Team self-rescue (OSHA Employee Emergency Action Plan 1926.502) will also be taught. With these techniques your personnel will not necessarily be obliged to depend on any external agency.
Cost: $ 650.00 p/p
- All equipment will be provided.
- Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue Manual
- Certification Card
Tuesday Day 1: Classroom Subjects
- Environmental & Structural Hazards
- Safety Meetings
- OSHA Regulations
- PPE Personal Protection Equipment:
- PFA Personal Fall Arrest – PFR Personal Fall Restraint
- Climbing Protection Systems:
- Fixed Cable or Rope – Y lanyard – Leader Line
- Descending Systems
- Mechanical Advantage Systems
- Knots & Hitches
Wednesday Day 2: Field Practice & Evaluation
- Work Positioning
- Load transfer & Rescue Techniques
Thursday Day 3:
- AM – Rescue Drill
- PM – Written examination (Students must score 75% to be certified)